The changing of the leaves and crisp, cool air cry out for this recipe that pairs two harbingers of the season – apples and brats. Made with Angry Orchard Green Apple, a slightly tart hard cider with balanced sweetness reminiscent of a fresh green apple, this recipe will take you right to the tents in Munich.
- 1-12 oz. bottle Angry Orchard Green Apple
- 4 bratwurst
- 1 green apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small, red onion, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring bratwurst and 1 cup of Angry Orchard Green Apple to a simmer, in a skillet, over medium heat. Cook until sausages are heated through and cider reduces to a glaze. Keep warm. While brats are cooking, whisk together remaining cider, mustard and oil in a small bowl. Toss green apple, red onion and thyme with vinaigrette. Serve bratwurst topped with apple salad.
Recipe serves 2
– Recipe courtesy of Angry Orchard “Orchard to Table” recipes