A recipe from Parade.com
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup light beer
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Boil macaroni in salted water according to directions.
- In a medium pot melt butter over low heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until no lumps remain and a light brown roux has formed.
- Slowly whisk in milk and beer.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to a slight boil.
- Reduce heat down to low and cook for 5-7 minutes until thickened, stirring often.
- Add both cheeses, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Cook 3-5 minutes until thick and incorporated.
- Season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- When macaroni is cooked, drain well.
- Add to cheese sauce and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and parsley.
- Transfer pasta to baking dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.